The head of the Cartoon Network resigned Friday after a marketing stunt that caused a security scare in Boston. Blinking electronic devices had been planted around Boston to promote Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but when authorities got a series of 911 calls about the suspicious devices on Jan. 31, they called out the bomb squads and shut down bridges and highways for fear they could be explosives. A few hours later, Cartoon Network's corporate parent acknowledged it was part of a marketing move.
The announcement of Jim Samples resignation was made in an internal memo sent to Cartoon Network staff members. In the statement, Samples said he regrets what had happened. "It's my hope that my decision allows us to put this chapter behind us and get back to our mission of delivering unrivaled original animated entertainment for consumers of all ages," Samples said. He said he felt "compelled to step down, effective immediately, in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch." [article]
No comments:
Post a Comment